Maidenhair Fern – Pendant
This limited edition botanically inspired pendant features an intricate hand-sawn silhouette of a Section of a Maidenhair Fern soldered to an oval silver frame. I inherited a Maidenhair from my Grandmother, (who is now 100!) and it is beautiful. I couldn’t resist creating a piece that attempts to reflect its lovely foliage.
This piece was incredibly enjoyable to create, and very time consuming. Drilling, Layering, hand-stamping, sawing, texturing, soldering, and polishing are just some of the steps taken to bring it to life. Each process done with care and accuracy to create a piece that will last a lifetime.
Created in recycled sterling silver, this precious metal has been oxidised (blackened) and then lightly polished but left with a satin shine.
Dimensions – This rectangular (ish) shaped pendant measures approximately 37mm high X 26mm wide (at its highest and widest points) Created entirely from reclaimed and recycled Sterling Silver, The Gauge (thickness) of the silver is 1mm making the piece strong and durable.
Made with lots of love, care, heart and soul.
This pendant is ‘ready to go’ so please enjoy prompt shipping! This piece is part of a limited edition series where I have duplicated this design. Each will be slightly different, but all to a high standard.
RGSilver Products always come packaged which is also perfect for gift giving.
This pendant comes with a fine, excellent quality sterling silver chain. (you have a choice of lengths- see images below for an idea of where each chain length will sit)
My Makers Mark and a Sterling Silver 925 Hallmark are on the reverse of this pendant.
- to be kept moist
- a brightly lit position when indoors but prefers a very shaded spot if planted outdoors
- a sheltered position away from draughts
- regular applications of diluted liquid fertilisers (such as fish emulsion or Nitrosol)
- being allowed to dry out, even for a few hours (so keep well watered)
- frost (best grown as an indoor or patio plant if in cold or harsh climates)
- dark positions inside the house (select a well-lit position but not direct sunlight which can burn foliage)
- draughts (do not place in windy spots such as corridors)